Saturday, May 5, 2007

Bulls vs. Pistons- Not even Close to Jordan vs. The Bad Boys

As much as I look forward to the prospect of seeing the Bulls in the second round for the first time since I was in grammar school, there has been something nagging at me for the last few days. ESPN and the Chicago newspapers spend more time talking about the past history of these two teams then the current stars. Why is this? I know a lot of people continue to have man crushes on Michael Jordan, but what we have in this series is two real basketball teams who can actually play both sides of the ball.

What happened in the late 80s and early 90s is irrelavent. These are two completely different teams. The Bulls aren't built around one man anymore and the Pistons actually play with some class (except Rasheed Wallace). I don't want to see Dennis Rodman and Scottie Pippen on the front cover of the Chicago Tribune Sports section. I want to see Luol Deng and Chauncey Billups on the cover since they'll be the two guys actually playing.

I'll go with my head over my heart and say Pistons in 7.

2 comments:

Education Esquire said...

The inability to live in the present is a disease man. I swear that there has to be some pill or drug yet to be approved by the FDA to cure that (of course the side effects will include nausea, dizzines, stomach cramps, and mild strokes).

Nonetheless, you're 100% right about the lack of attention paid to the series at hand. I agree with your conclusion, but not the accuracy of the series. I'm picking Detroit in 6!

2006 World Series Champion said...

So let me get this straight, Luol Deng v Chauncey Billups DOESN'T take you back to Jordan v Thomas? Yeah, me neither. People are just looking for meaningless storylines, which is unfortunate because this should be a good series. It is the East, though.