Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Pistons-Bulls Series

I was walking down Michigan Ave. en route to a party at the Billy Goat last Thursday night. In one of the windows along the way I saw that the Bulls had a comfy 19 point lead against a tough Detroit team. I was pleased and continued my journey to the goat.

Upon arriving I learned that the Pistons had cut the lead drastically.

I decided to not watch the rest of the game for fear of what was to come.

The Pistons came back and won the game.

The series at that point was essentially over.

A couple of days before that Mario asked me if I would still stand by my Bulls in 7 prediction.

I said yes, simply.

Friday my friend asked me if I would still stand by the Bulls in 7.

Again, I replied with a simple yes.

As I post this I realize that I can jinx the Bullies, but it is of no matter at this point because the Bulls journey doesn't end with this series.

I still believe the Bulls can do the impossible.

These last two games the Pistons have had the same body language the Heat had in the last series.

The "We're too damn good to deal with this team" demeanor.

There is a lot of talk in the media about this "flipping the switch" mentality that the Pistons have and I agree with that sentiment.

Maybe now that the pressure is on the Pistons wake up and win the game.

Maybe now that the Bulls charge is on they decide that they want to play.

But I don't see it.

I see the Bulls pulling off a miracle.

2 comments:

Education Esquire said...

It's good to believe and I look forward to determining if your belief was worth anything tonight.

The Bulls are adequate at best, but at the end of the day, they're just not good enough to beat the best.

2006 World Series Champion said...

That was a tough loss, I thought they were winning tonight. Unfortunately, Detroit is still a better team and as I posted earlier, I'm sure how the Bulls are going to get better. Hopefully my Suns won't suffer the same fate tomorrow.