All right Bulls fans, I need to hear from you. Game 4 isn't over yet, but at this point it doesn't really matter. Even if they decide to wake up and win this game, it'll end in Game 5.
Ben Wallace just had his worst year since 1999-2000. The only thing he did better this year was pass the ball, but he's still far from an acceptable offensive player. As bad as I am at this predicting thing, I'm guessing he's not going to be better at 33 years old. Oh well, at least he's only around for three more years.
I know it's only one year, but Tyrus Thomas looks like an awful pick. In a couple of years I think he'll be a good rebounder, a great shot-blocker and a great athlete. But he'll never be a good low post scorer, and that's what the Bulls need him to be.
Kirk Hinrich will never be the great player the Bulls think he is. Ben Gordon a great scorer and nothing else. Luol Deng is the only legitimate All-Star they have, but if they are going to make a trade, that's who everyone is going to want.
The Cavaliers have a much better future than the Bulls. Unless Billups leaves, the Pistons are still better next year. A healthy Dwyane Wade might be able to beat the Bulls by himself. So, what does this team do to stop being the Baby Bulls? I'm guessing no one is really happy with the second round, and unless they do something big that's their ceiling next year. What does this team do to become legit?
Sunday, May 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The Chicago Bulls have to do whatever it takes to get a true SUPERSTAR.
The last time they won anything they had multiple SUPERSTARS. That's the only way that they're going to ever return to prominence.
SUPERSTARS when championships, while veterans, all-stars and talented players win playoff series at best.
Chauncey Billups is a SUPERSTAR.
Tim Duncan is a SUPERSTAR.
Dwayne Wade is a SUPERSTAR.
There are multiple championships between them, and it's almost guaranteed that one of these three individuals will win another ring again this season.
Chicago should see if Joe Dumars and Company will offer store credit for Ben Wallace and allow them to pay the difference to take the more superior product in Chauncey Billups.
Perhaps they should even offer up Kirk Hinrich as an extra bonus, but unless the Bulls make a serious acquisition, there's no chance of them ever winning.
When you look around the league, just about every team has a bona fide SUPERSTAR, but that's not the case with the Bulls. There's something else that those Bulls don't have, and that's a shot at the Eastern Conference Finals. Coincidence, I think not!
The problem is the only way they get a superstar is by trading Luol Deng, and they are not going to do that. I'm not even sure if they're willing to give up a package of Gordon, Thomas and their 1st round pick. Also, I'm not sure if someone would trade a superstar for that package.
I think you're right, they need a superstar, but they have no way of getting one. They've had 7 top ten draft picks between 1999 and 2004 and they failed to get a superstar, and that's why this isn't working out.
Post a Comment