When the Suns signed Jalen Rose earlier this year, I was excited. Last year they turned Boris Diaw into a good player and Rose is at least that talented, albiet quite a bit older. 53 DNP's later, I think it's safe to assume it didn't work out.
But in the back of my mind I always knew that Rose would help out the Suns eventually, and today that's been confirmed. On ESPN, Rose showed a video from the second quarter of Game 4 of Bruce Bowen and Tim Duncan walking onto the court after a Francisco Elson dunk in which he Elson landed on a Suns player (sorry, I couldn't find video). Rose argued that it was a potential incident and that Duncan has to be suspended for a game. As the Big Aristotle said on TNT after the game "If you break the crime (sic) you must do the time."
The league should suspend whoever they have to and IMMEDIATELY get rid of this rule. Why does the NBA need a rule specifying when a player should be suspended, is there no room for subjectivity here? I don't know about anyone else, but Game 5 without Stoudemire and possibly Diaw and Duncan will be incredibly entertaining for me. Not really.
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think that if the Phoenix Suns lose this series because of two technicality rules: Steve Nash's bleeding and the two guys leaving the bench, then this league has once and for lost all its' credibility. It's bad enough that so many of these series have been complete duds and the best games are being played so late, no one on the east coast actually gets to see them, but the NBA needs to make a stand now and get rid of these outdated rules before they cost one of these teams a shot at an NBA championship.
And another thing, the San Antonio Spurs confirmed to me what I've always known, just how dirty they actually are. Now I could care less who wins this series cause I don't really like either team. But Bruce Bowen knees Steve Nash in the groin and all he gets is a flagrant foul. Whether accidental or not, this guy has a very bad reputation in the league and I think David Stern needs to make an example out of him. The RObert Horry thing may have been worse cause that was for sure on purpose and once again another instance of a player gunning after someone when the game is out of reach.
Jason Richardson did the same thing and he got nothing either. You'd think people would have learned something from the "Malice at the Palace," but I guess not. People leaving the bench is a guaranteed suspensions while more serious things like what Horry and Richardson do don't have more serious ramifications.
Now that House is off I can address this ridiculous Blog.
First and foremost, your Suns bias shines through more than the mascot.
If there's anything that I can admire about what's transpired in the last twenty-four hours regarding this series is that both sides are committed to doing whatever it takes to win.
What that equates to is a heated and hotly contested matchup that will occasionally result in hard fouls and suspensions based on those hard fouls.
The league can't condone fighting and more importantly can't allow for benches to clear in instances of hard fouls.
Stu Jackson is undoubtedly a Stooge, but in this case he's upholding something that makes logical sense after a blemish that will never be lived down.
Amare and Boris had a natural reaction, they wanted to protect their fearless leader, but the question needs to be asked what was their fearless leader doing on the court in a blowout? Also the question has to be asked what did the two individuals hope to accomplish by flocking to the mounting altercation?
Bruce Bowen is a pest, he's relentless, and a bevy of other adjectives, but if he's dirty then every player that uses his or her legs to make basketball moves is dirty.
I agree that Manu is dirty and leads with his knees when entering the lane, but Bruce is simply a good defender that unfortunately plays in a league where people don't like to be guarded tightly.
Amare and Boris need to ask themselves what they planned on doing had they not have been coraled back in by their coaches, if the answer is condone Steve Nash for not winning a third consecutive MVP award then Stu the Stooge Jackson made the wrong call, but if the answer was to personally extend their gratitude to Robert Horry for a flagrant and unnecessary foul then old Stooge got it right. I suppose we all know which was on the mind of those two young stars.
Post a Comment